Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Big Commission and a Big Upcoming Show!

Field of Bluebonnets, 40 x 30, oil on canvas, L. Daniel © 2013
SOLD

I know I have been a little AWOL, but I am back. :) I spent most of August hunkered down in the studio, working on a commission and lots of new work for a big upcoming show... 

First, the commission: This very large piece was commissioned by a patron who left Texas and wanted a painting to remember the big skies and prolific wildflowers of her home state. It was a delight to work on because these are things I love about Texas too, but more importantly, my clients were a complete joy. The painting is now happily installed, bringing a little bit of Texas to it's new home. 

Second, the show: I have been busily preparing a new body of work for my two-person show with fabulous artist, Sandra Langston, which opens at the Davis Gallery on October 5th, here in Austin. I will begin to post my work in the next few days, but wanted to let you know that it's coming. Below is a "Save the Date" - if you are near Austin, mark your calendar and please come. I do wish you could all come!




3 comments:

Jane Hunt said...

Congrats on both Laurel! Lovely painting as always :)

Barbara Muir said...

Congratulations Laurel,

Wonderful work on the commission and I'd love to see the show!!!

You are so great!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Unknown said...

Love both of these paintings! Beautiful sky--everything is so nice about both of them!