Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Lush Lagoon Study

Lush Lagoon Study, 6 x 6, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2014
SOLD

This small study helped me get the grasses and lake reflections in my mind for a larger painting of the same scene. It always helps me to play around with color and composition before jumping to a bigger canvas. I find that the small ones give me a sense of where I want to go without getting bogged down with too much detail. (The larger piece is on it's way to the Greenhouse Gallery for the Salon International 2014!) 

See more Small Works.

2 comments:

Mark Nesmith said...

Beautiful work! I'm a fellow Daily paintworks member and have often found myself studying your color and paint handling. You have a wonderful sense of light and atmosphere.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Mark Nesmith
http://paintdailytexas.blogspot.com

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

So SSI Laurel.
a beauty!