Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pasture Rest

Pasture Rest, 6 x 8, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2014
SOLD

First of all, thank you all so much for your outpouring of support and congratulations. It made me feel so good and even more excited about the Salon International show. Kind words mean so much… thank you, thank you, thank you!

Now… the painting above… I painted this little country scene in Fredericksburg when I was last there. It was a gorgeous day and I drove quite a ways down a country lane looking for just the perfect spot. After I got all set up, I realized that I had no paper towels (a very important tool in the kit of a painter). Thankfully, one of our family "practices" is to keep the glove compartment well-stocked with Starbucks napkins. Let me just say, those napkins saved the day. I got to stay and paint the lovely sheep, and NOT make a huge mess!! 

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I tend to stock my car, and all of the nooks and crannies with napkins too. It's an obsession. But somehow they all get used! So good for you. Resourceful, and a genius painter.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Sharon L. Graves said...

Napkin hoarders of the world unite. there is a perfectly good reason to squirrel them all away. We wouldn't have this beautiful painting if you didn't.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

So peaceful and inviting. Love that area and you have captured it so well. Congrats on Salon International!! Hope to get to see the show!! xoxo